Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Monday, March 29, 2021

The power of the side by side conversation...

 Good mawning!

The power of the side by side conversation...
I did let the content of the conversation fade... After I picked him up (later than HE expected me to, on time for what I said I would 😉 ), we enjoyed a deep, heartfelt conversation.
I should have taken notes.
I think I say that almost every time we have a one on one conversation together. It always feels like the sun-bathed pictures, but with me at his feet....basking in his perspective.
This time I can honestly say, I don't recall what he said, but for SURE I know what it was that I felt. I felt a sense of peace, feeling that he will be alright.
Honestly, I don't always have that feeling. With the joyful ups and downs of being a teen and especially from his experience, there are times that swing a little too far for my own comfort as a mother. But after our little chat, with a bit of my humour and humility tossed in (I do remember that I mocked someone for being overdressed for the weather and not even a minute later a blizzard blows in LOL... and only in that park space too 🤣. Weirdest thing!), I knew he would continue to grow wise. He will apply mindfully what he learns and ponders.
It made me realize as well how many conversations that I have where it's not a side by side sharing. It's not in appreciation or with the heart of gleaning, but from the "seat" of schooling the other.
And then it draws me back to the moments where the "mind chatter" used to talk OVER me. How do you "talk" or speak with yourself? What is that internal relationship and ongoing conversation sounding like? Do you celebrate and glean from your insights and thoughts? Or are you putting off the "good" thoughts in your head with dismissal, doubt and a dominating "overwriter"?
Perhaps we could have more side by side conversations WITH ourselves as we grow on this journey and let that trickle over into our physical, one-on-one conversations with others.
This week I plan to take notes 😉

No comments: