Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Quick fixes and blame.

 Good morning!

Quick fixes and blame.
I've been prepping for this moment in time for years.
I don't know what is to come in my future, but the process that got me to where I am mastering this mini-moment in life NOW is huge!
Because yesterday, I had a "failed" root canal tooth pulled. I didn't want one to begin with. And even with coverage back then, it cost me all I had at the time. And then, the freezing didn't work. So I had that core gouged out with no numbing. And yes, worse than my labour experiences that ended in emerg and stat surgeries.
But after crack and split and filling after filling when I just wanted it pulled...I said that's enough. And then more delay came...for adding in outcomes and scenarios that still starts with pulling the tooth. ENOUGH!
That's enough giving over my own ability to research and hear advice from others who went through similar to someone's "educated" thesis of what works. Enough experimenting...enough regret...enough putting off my decision for the uncertainty of others. The bandaid options were not what I wanted.
Sometimes what seems to be a quick fix, comes with a lifetime of consequences. I have many moments in my life like that, that have become "teachers". Teachers to others as a way to find true efficiency and empowerment and not give up your role in choosing to someone else who has to be "best guessing" it. And a teacher to me to do my part first...gather information and observations...gather the knowing of what I DO want to experience...imagine the outcome I am hoping for...and then get feedback. Advice is meant to strengthen your choice with the knowledge you have. Not to give over the process completely to someone else.
That goes for my 20 year tooth extraction. That goes for moments where I let others who didn't have love for me define who it is I was. That goes for moments where I knew a process that would take 3 months to set a sustainable foundation for my health was better than a flashy weekend experience that brought the hype, but not the process of change over time. I COULD choose to blame them, but it was my choice to step aside from my initial intention when it didn't feel right. And I went along with all the fixes and error along the way...
Blame is a symptom.
Go further upstream to see where it flows from. Not the defining moment to slap more blame on it, but to realize your are in the process of living and your presence in the choices you make for YOUR BEST life matters. You are the one experiencing it! No one else can do that for you.
Having support in the choices we make for our lives and experiences is different than giving over that decision for someone else to make.
Having supportive and healthy relationships in our lives makes a difference. They should help us in making sustainable progress as we navigate our decisions. Increase our capacity to show up in out decisions and choices. Yet, in the end, we are the only ones that can live our lives...and watch how choices impact us. And that takes knowing that life is a long game. The journey part is real.
20 years of prep. I geared up for putting in place all the right factors to support my recovery. And after keeping my jaws and teeth as strong as I could, it was quite the fight getting that tooth out...right on time. I set up the right supports for pain management and quick healing and I am already on the other side of pain...faster than I thought (and no, I didn't take anything for it...my body has got this!) . I prepped for longer...now to start getting in the next supports.
Imagine the outcome
Set your direction
Trust the process
Commit to today
It can come a lot sooner than you think. But it feels good to be IN your moments and experiences as the master of choices (as best you can).

No comments: