Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, March 28, 2021

I think we "owe" it to ourselves to give ourselves the "space" to "wake" up.

 

Good mawning <3

 

I think we "owe" it to ourselves to give ourselves the "space" to "wake" up.

 

Definition of mawn

- verb To open the mouth widely and take a long, rather deep breath , immediately after waking up or when recovering from sleep.

- noun The action of mawning; opening the mouth widely and taking a long, rather deep breath , because one is waking up.

 

I think many of us miss out the key importance in this "mawning" experience in life. Perhaps it's because we may be aroused too soon out of our sleep state by an alarm clock to allow for that chance at the deep breath in...

 

This IS one of the things I appreciate most about my morning routine...that I wake up naturally out of my sleep state and come into my Beta brainwaves with ease and progression.

 

But what other ways in our lives are we not allowing the "space" for "waking up"?

 

When we want change in our lives and we wanted it yesterday?

 

When we pray for peace, but haven't spent time feeling what that feels like in our lives?

 

When we are always looking to "grow", but not allowing our roots to stretch and the nutrients to soak in?

 

This space is the space that I like to call "acclimation".

 

Yesterday afternoon/evening, I participated in a meditation time. Pondering and processing much of the things in MY life I am looking to change...

 

And as it came to an end, I drifted into a nap. When I woke up from the nap, I noticed how VERY different I was feeling. I could no longer perceive what it "felt" like to feel like "me". I felt off.

 

And I knew I was in "cave" territory. It's doesn't always have to lead to a depressive state. It doesn't always have to "mean" that you are feeling "low". It doesn't always have to mean that something is "wrong" and needs fixing.

 

Give yourself the "space" to come into more of an awareness of yourself.

 

As I checked in with myself, I still had a deep appreciation and peace in being around my family. I no longer felt a "low grade" stress around a certain topic. I settled into the almost deafening silence of not feeling like I was buzzing and accepted the "peace" in the moment.

 

I contemplated that IF, I was now acclimating to the next level of who  it is I am becoming, then in what ways would I adapt myself into that new space and ways of behaving, thinking and acting?

 

It felt like walking into a new home for the first time. Fresh and light and bright. Sound echoing off the walls from the emptiness, and the smells of "newness" in the air. The peace of knowing that space is welcoming me in. And that after I wake up into a new day in that new space, new approaches to how I move will call to me and I will make my way through with freshness and vitality.

 

...that deep and long breath in. Give space for your "awakening" into each new day, change, and transition in your days.

 

How will you enjoy waking up into the "newness" of each "day" going forward?

 

#thankyouGod #mawn #goodmawning #feelingdifferent #itsOkay #Awakening #breatheItIn #growandexpand #nextlevel #changeisconstant #highsandlows #lifetothefull #grateful




 



No comments: