Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, March 4, 2021

Standing firm in love ushers in profound change in life.

 Good morning!

March forth!
LOL that's what came to mind this morning and I was inspired... Inspired to ponder things like advocacy... but then it brought me back to a moment from this week and I realized... standing firm in love also ushers in profound change in life.
And as an advocate for health and wellness, and as one who has been "designed" through this life to maintain simplistic consistency in this area for not only my well-being, but the well-being of my family, I wanted to share a few things that keep me marching forth...
I celebrate diversity.
I am the product of diversity and that diversity was achieved by some people who were BOLD enough to stand on the side of love and connection MORE than loyalty to those who in the end betrayed them. I am CONSTANTLY in awe of the imprint of love that my great grandfather imparted on his children....all 12 (or was it 13...?) of them! My grandfather shared with such a full heart how MUCH he appreciated the love his father shared with him.. And how PROUD his dad would be of me and who I was. My grandfather spent time with me sharing what about me his dad would lovingly celebrate....down to my unibrow LOL (I grew out of it 😉 ). I shared the same celebration and admiration with our boys (LOL and their unibrows). My grandmother was so eager to meet my hubby ❤ She wanted to see us and touch us (her words) and celebrate our discipleship ❤
There is a bigger picture at play.
I see this world and this life like a bird that soars on updraft on the wind...and scan the landscape for evidence of love, unity, growth and expansion. Under love sits that first point of celebration as well as, mutual respect, acceptance, honour, reverence, care and maintenance… If the experience doesn't speak to promoting connection, loving respect, sustainable solutions, playing the long game, and beneficial growth, I hold it ‘sus’. LOL if the thinking around something is quite narrowed, leaving a bunch of “outliers” and exceptions standing around, it needs to be revisited. The bigger picture finds solutions that don’t just fit “most”, it FINDS A WAY to find a solution, for each unique application. Solutions LOVE being found. Questions LOVE connecting with a good answer. It feels good to go beyond the space of only seeing a “problem”.
1% better each day.
I’m UP! YES! I “get” to be in the space of living again today. There was a time I would GASP my first morning breath. COMPLETELY PANICKED. I recall hearing the flat line and that sound used to haunt me for years in my head after I had “come back” after our son was born. Now I get a different buzz in the morning. I accept that yesterday wasn’t “perfect”. GOOD! There’s still room to grow and living life is full of it LOL...growing 😉 And I really want to enjoy it...fully. Even the not so fun stuff. Will it help me grow? It BETTER! LOL
Anyways, just a few pondered points this morning. How are you going to “March Forth”?

No comments: