Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, January 3, 2019

Which type of example are you going to live by?

 Good morning

❤
2 young kids and their mom almost got run down in the parking lot yesterday as we were leaving. I was so thrown back in this moment....watching what was happening and deciding what to do in the same moment. How you ask? Because I stopped for them to cross the road and people decided to pull out from behind me, cutting off the oncoming traffic and whipping through....😡😡😡🤬
LOL I just want to apologize to my dear friend Sheryl as she got to share in my "passion" and love for life yesterday.
Honestly, what I looked like was probably angry, and how I felt inside....I just wanted to BAWL 😭😭😭😭😭😭 The lady didn't understand English enough ...and I guess neither did the drivers who were cutting her off and sending her children running back to the curb (the husband ran across with the baby in his arms).
I tried everything except for getting out of the vehicle to get them to stop...rolled down my window, and put my hand out ....nothing worked until I put my vehicle at a diagonal.
One after the other went around and EACH one of them saw the lady, stopped and then gassed through (except the one truck who went slower)....
Sometimes we chose.....to follow in the "examples" of others without giving the situation OUR individual assessment. All these people followed the one example of an impatient driver...when they had the same opportunity, as I did, to consider that there was a family crossing the roadway . I remember mindlessly not watching for a pedestrian before and how I felt after...and that's why I make more mindful choices today...because it feels better, as it aligns better with my core values, and really, it's a more flowful journey when we make those easy considerations of others as we move through in our own lives.
There is always an opportunity to use GOOD discernment in the day to day moments of our journey instead of a hasty judgment (even though in that statement I may be sharing a bias against the choices others made...)....I'm not going to assume what their judgment call was, but I am definitely going to choose to focus in on making good decisions and choices that honour those around me as well as my good interests on a daily basis. Much love ❤

No comments: