Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, January 24, 2019

We can just decide to do a thing...

 Good morning!

Have you ever imagined waking up, expecting to being greeted by the sun beaming through rustling gauze curtains, with the smell of the warm air and the waves splashing against the beach....and then rolling over and seeing that breakfast is waiting for you, for when you are ready to enjoy it ...with no plans or expectations on your time....BEEP, BEEP, BEEEP!!!
HELLOOOOOO!!! Time to wake up!!! 😅😂😂 Honestly, for ALL the mornings I have watched, for almost 20 years, my hubby struggle to get out of bed, I often wondered if it was because he was hoping all his mornings would be like what I just described. 😉 The struggle was real folks! He helped to define, for me, that I AM a morning person, and that there was definitely another side to what that looked like (aside from what my sister shared growing up 😉 )
But the other day, really not too long ago, he decided he would start waking up early. This is the same guy that spent a week making a plan, making schedule posters, posting on the wall....all for him to get up earlier and start a new routine (which didn't last long). After ALL THESE YEARS this is the first time he has SO EASILY decided AND executed to just "get up". That's it! 😮 No being dragged out of the fantasy or the "pseudo" embrace of the duvet....No resistance!
I am truly inspired! ❤ That something, that looked so hard for YEARS, now looks effortless and nothing about his circumstances have made it any easier to embrace. He chose, and then he did it, with uninhibited willingness.
SO my question today....WHERE in my life (and yours) have we put up this HUGE resistance to something and where can we just "decide" to make it so simple to apply that it seems effortless?
I'm going to be picking at this one today, because I have to question if the things I am finding "HARD" are just because I have decided them to be...and that we are "naturally" always looking for efficiency and flow in life ....let the pondering commence 😉 ❤

No comments: