Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, January 10, 2019

Where does my strength come from?

 Good morning!

"... for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through Him who gives me strength."
And indeed, I have been strengthened. My "core" of reference for strength and contentment is in my relationship with God and myself.
No one else is with you in those silent, pensive moments that you have with yourself and they can't be there with you, and that can seem like a very lonely statement....unless you are sharing with another, not just the journey of your day to day activities, but also from your intimate conversations within your mind. And having a viewpoint around what is going on and in your mind and heart, that is supported by other aspects of you that are focused in and on your core relationships (my first being with God),... and then extending that into other areas and relationships in your life as well.
So my thoughts into contentment...I am supported, strengthened, guided, encouraged, and focused on the good in my life. Through being fasted or fed, in having plenty or in need...I have seen and witnessed the Divine support that follows in and around it all...and I am grateful ❤

No comments: