Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, January 31, 2019

There is power in your pain. Strength immeasurable...gifts unimagined.

 Good morning!

There is power in your pain. Strength immeasurable...gifts unimagined.
Cold comfort can be these statements for those that have signed the contract with their struggles and sufferings....
One of those "contracts" I signed myself into was around marriage. I knew what I DIDN'T want...And honestly, the list was long to begin with...and through that, I went through a lot of struggle in relationships before I ever got married. Hindsight, it lined up perfectly with the hard/fast decision of what something was SUPPOSED to look like....It lined up perfectly with the regret that penned my signature....
But I remember the SPACE that followed....the emptiness that was NOT filled....the joyful expectation that I felt ROBBED of....No one could comfort me, and even better, not many could relate even close to what I was experiencing....suffering inside. Some of the situations seemed pretty "brutal" for a lack of words...my friends at the time tried everything to get me bouncing around and happy and smiling....some of those same people betrayed me in our relationship in ways I never imagined...did I really, like REALLY sign up for this???
I sit here knowing that the answer is yes. Because in those spaces of receiving exactly what I didn't want, I also sat and pondered on what it is I truly wanted. The list of "NOT'S" got shorter and more concise to just a few core elements, and the list of what I DID want was brought down to the core WHY and the reason and dream that I held inside. A love and nurturing that I wanted to become that was even BEYOND what I could imagine....LOL THAT IS what I imagined!! A relationship with "whomever" that shadowed figure was that was not for me to define, but that ebbed in clarity....as we travelled and were surrounded by the youth of this world....never really defined as my own, but definitely in my care ❤
And through all the pain and struggle that I experienced...I deepened in ways I cannot describe. Forgiveness, surrender, humility, allowing, grace, patience, compassion, celebration, awe and wonder, non-attachment (that's a biggie), trust, joy, and seeing the beauty in what we define as dark....powerful! ❤ Seeing a bigger picture and allowing myself to being a part of a bigger story...priceless! ❤
My prayer is for those in their experiences of struggle, pain, hardship....will find that space of deepening...and discover at its core...what matters to them the most...and be inspired by it and compelled to share...as that sharing is such a gift....and it will benefit us all. ❤

No comments: