Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, December 31, 2015

For 2016, allowing things to end...strating with blame

I saw this video and I was compelled to share.  Thank you Brené Brown!



When we blame, we miss our opportunity to experience empathy. Brené Brown breaks it down in this video from The RSA.
Posted by Upworthy on Tuesday, December 22, 2015

For 2016, in order to move forward more freely, I am committing to letting go of all that hinders...and to Joy.  I am allowing the wonders of God and what is instilled in me to transpire in the lives around me and extending trust in God's perfect Will as it fills my life with Love and Joy.

My scripture of inspiration is ... Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Sin = anything that perpetuates the separation and disconnection from God. Also, anything that is not aligned with the fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,  gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.)

Jesus set JOY before him (his joy set in his full connection with God). And SCORNED shame? Hmmm....So even though many were looking upon him with shame and held him as an object of blame and shameful, he himself did not receive "shame" as anything that he was. He endured the cross, yes, but the shame he left behind.

The ultimate goal is to enjoy the fullness of connection and unity with God. Through such things is how much of the world defines the aspects of success in their life (with or without their belief in God. God does not need us to believe in God and the existence of....it just IS! I am in the experience of my own existence as well...whether or not anyone else is willing to believe in me.  But I am glad that I do get to experience the gift of gratitude from others in their belief and love in my life. ) 

No comments: