Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Friday, December 4, 2015

The unseen power of prayer

 Good morning! I don't want to make a generalization, and I have witnessed from my own personal experience...Sometimes a lot of the credit in this world goes to those who are up front and active in doing "stuff". The "Doers" are the visible parts of our humanity that we think is where all the "real" stuff is happening. I have been praised many times for my hard work and busyness. Many people have loved to celebrate and cheer on these moments in my life. And it felt good...sometimes. And other times, it annoyed the SNOT out of me. Why? Because firstly, I was being validated and valued for when I was being the "doer" as though nothing existed before the doing part. The moments where I was encouraging people in one on one conversations or moments of support, only seen by the receiver, were not often recognized and often scoffed at. Because I know that the bulk of what I was doing in those times went unseen. The loving thoughts, the walking by the mirror in the morning and smiling at myself, the choices for veggies instead of chocolate for breakfast, going through a list of friends and wishing them wellness and happiness, and giving thought to how I can better serve the needs of my family and those around me. Also, the building up and personal encouragement and nourishment through reading of scripture and inspirational text, and the most active part...the dialogue and mindful attention and intention that is exchanged in prayer. And not the "wishful, fluffy, I-am-a-powerless-welp" type of prayer that people may think that prayer is (not to say that when we DO feel powerless that we can't call on and call out for support). I mean the kind that you know that you are powerful, in the presence of divinity, affecting change with your heart and soul, moon-pulling, wave-stirring, mountain-moving and deeply connected wave of prayer that goes out from you to the whole of the universe. THAT is where the bulk of my doing is best served...and then I "go" about my day. I admit to not quite being a "doer", but when I do "do" I do it from the foundation of prayer.

You, Sonia Mireau, Tee Vee Ess and 2 others

No comments: