Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Friday, November 27, 2020

Intersectionality. What experiences in identity do you carry?

 Have you heard of this word?



Intersectionality.
Well, I am thankful to 2020 for bringing this word into my vocab. Because this has DEFINITELY been the year for experiencing a multitude of continuous microaggressions and what is defined as "toxicity" from those who have had been going about their "business" for far too long.
This is NOT a political post, this is just share that in many areas of my life I have been deciding how to approach discussing that the conversations that some people are having, as justified as they feel in having it, are dissentive, uninviting, and not safe to those who experience multiple "lashes" throughout the day.
This has been a hard week. This has been a hard month....and as open as I share in my posts, it's not half of what is experienced...even in a "socially-distanced" space as we are living in now.
Watch your words. Be more compassionate and curious to the needs of those around you. You have MANY hearers and they are hearing more than you think you are actually saying....not because they may have sensitivity to it, but probably because you are not hearing what it is you are laying down.

No comments: