Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, November 19, 2020

You "know" all the right things to do yet... How to apply for better results

 Good morning!

HAHAHA...Don't you love it when....
You "know" all the right things to be doing and yet.... 😛
Sleeping... I "had" the BEST sleep hygiene just over a month ago. Mmmmm...just thinking about it right now just has me feeling all warm and cozy 😃
AND then... life changed. LOL I would like to say it was a subtle shift like not recognizing anyone anymore because they have no face or being couped up with your kids doing online schooling/gaming for months...("LOL I saw you create that "ghost" desktop you keep switching to"...."don't think I didn't hear your key sequencing! Get back to your class "tab" 😜 ) .
No, it was on all levels. Career, family, etc. ... And for me, that meant I had to add dedicated head "space" to the additional points I "needed" to wrap my head around...
Journalling and reviewing my direction with all those "things" that have come up front for me has been a "life saver". I get to get it down out of my head and out in a tangible way to "look" at it and all of what is going on and then choose what tasks I am giving "more" priority to and when.
WHEW!
And it's taking some time to adjust back into a routine, but it has morphed in ways that I celebrate....I missed the evening "dogpile" the boys used to cuddle up and crash on me with...and now, that's back. I give space...MORE space for us to all just be in each other's space LOL (that's a lot of space 😂😂) and share and talk and be open.... ( I would have said time, but it's not about the time, it's about mentally allowing there to be no constraint on the experience and opening up to present-moment presence). We always dim the lights or switch to amber light at a certain time... we reduce screen time...we have dinner earlier so we don't feel heavy going into bed...we take turns praying and then, like clockwork we start yawning and stretching and curling up. I tuck the boys in and then I head to my own bed. This is the part that has changed a bit for me... and that will soon shift.
It's life. Expect change...adjust along the way. And find ways to connect in and with love as often as you can. ❤

No comments: