Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Friday, November 13, 2020

Enso

 Today, my focus is around back to basics.

There is so much in our lives with added complications and complexities....definitions and labels....and then adjustments and fixes for those labels in order to "narrow down" the more accurate "box" to which someone can find "comfort" in.
And for me, the more and more that labels and expectations were placed on me, the more and more I felt I was actually being pushed away from my core and connections. I was shuffled and filed into a box in the story of someone else's attempt of re-creation and then filed on a shelf...somewhere...and my basic of needs were going unmet, unseen, and eventually lost to the story through the labels.
In my coaching practice and in my personal practice, I focus on getting to the core of what is needed. Often the goal or desire is expressed. I allow space for the stories to be shared and told, and then I look for how some of the basic needs are not being covered and how to move more simply toward the goal intended.
Some of my personal basics include .....love, connection, acceptance, celebration (awe, joy, and wonder), growth...of course there is health, safety, and other physical needs as well. But with less filing and shuffling. Less classifications that take away from my humanity and more towards finding ways to meet my individual needs.
And at the end of the day, when all is said and done and I reflect....I can see that my "circle" for the day, for the most part, was drawn and completed. Because, as faithfully as I rest my head in my bed at night ready to awake hours later, that is not a guarantee.
Basics, what are some of the basics you like to get back to or connect in with?


No comments: