Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Saturday, March 16, 2019

Looking for the negative proof to justify an attack on yourself? Stop the abuse

 Oy!@

Conversation goes...
H: "I suck at....(fill in the blank) "
L: "So you're comparing then?"
H: "And?"
H: " I can't do ....(fill in the blank)"
L: " But you have done it before, so that's not true."
H: "Yes it is!"
L: "But you are looking only at one side for proof, when you have already contrasted your statement..."
Are you ONLY looking for the negative proof to justify an attack on yourself? Sounds pretty harsh? Well, it feels pretty harsh for others to listen to.... someone breaking themselves down in the light of believing false statements over proven, and POSITIVE facts. Sometimes we don't realize it but...the harsh things we say to ourselves in our heads is also come out of our mouths without us realizing it a lot of the time. It's in the slightest of "slashes" to our own selves, but it is there. This week was a hard one for me and I know that I share a few of those statements (and I am also working on it too 😉 )
Do you choose to defend or justify for beatings or will you stand up for yourself and observe a truer story you would like to live? Because I think, we aren't as bad as our false statements try to make us out to be, and most of us want to live a more fuller story than we are in the habit of repeating.

No comments: