Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

The cuddle zone. The spaces where hearts connect

 Good mawning.

The dogpile. A.K.A. the cuddle zone.
It's funny to think that I recall 10 years ago we went to a friend's place in Alaska, and I saw her big, grown son pile on to his mom's lap for a cuddle and thought... "I want that with our boys".
And now, after family prayer time, we are crashed out in a dog pile and I couldn't be more at peace. Knowing that this space is theirs to feel safe in and be at peace.
I gravitate to spaces that will allow that full, connected, and safe feeling.
I know that "safe" is different for a lot of people.
Some are in the space of avoiding danger and threat. I get that.
Some in the space of avoiding being triggered or offended in some way. I can relate.
I'm talking about the kind where you can allow yourself to be open to a more fulfilling experience and expression... safe to grow and thrive.
For me, I have waited a long time to enjoy this feeling and I plan to nurture it in every space that I can. ❤❤
In what spaces do you feel the most connected, the most safe, and the most fulfillment in?

No comments: