Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Are your expectations heavy? The standards we set for ourselves.

 It's funny as a mom that I don't play the disappointed card with our boys.

But I also don't hold weighty expectations to them aside from accountability to their own standards that they have set for themselves.
I'm grateful they set for themselves "high" standards from early one. As each stage of growth has come, I get the job of helping to remind them of what they established beforehand, in terms of their own direction and course, and ask if what they are currently doing aligns to that.
And, ....I do know, there are people I have had in my life that are "disappointed" and tentative with me. They hold an expectation of me and I didn't live "up" to that expectation.
Today I am reminded that the rigidity of expectation or boxes we want to keep people in may not allow for that person to grow and become something more... something beyond what we only want to see.
As I get the gift of watching my family

No comments: