Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, April 11, 2021

Empowering parents...don't forget about your OWN growth

 Good mawning!

Empowering parents...
Sounds good and for many, they may feel they got it sorted.
And for many others still, there is doubt, there is second guessing, and mental exhaustion.
Our boys are nothing alike. So what worked for the first one, was totally lost on the second.
I realized early on and made sure that they had different needs and "fair" was not about sameness in our house. They would be loved and nurtured according to their individual needs. One size fits one.
And in that journey, I learned the importance of my own needs and value.
I had to share from some of my most vulnerable spaces in order to support boys going through extraordinary experiences. There was no way to hide the pains I went through growing up when those very pains became the "friend" who understood and could share in their journey.
I got to accept all that I had gone through and the choices I made...removing a lot of shame and guilt as these moments served to connect in with these growing beings.
So I say this...don't forget about your OWN growth as you help your littles in their journey. Your growth, development, and support is also theirs. Accepting and loving yourself and growing in Your journey is the example they will follow.
Alrighty, back to my study time 😉

No comments: