Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Know true value. Don't drop because the dollar does

Good morning! Considering value...I was born here in Canada. Yes, I understand what snow is. I play in it all the time. I know what it feels like to be cold in the winter...I have been to "Winterpeg" a few occasions and experienced the knowing of the warmth we have in Edmonton ;) And I am "old" enough to have witnessed the "rise" and "fall" of the dollar in Canada (in comparison to the USD) to see what it is like to maintain or diminish the standard of living you choose.
So here are a few of my observations...

...stop comparing. Done! I KNOW I am grateful for the nation I am in and the access to the resources I have. When I was younger, my mom would buy food from the farmer's market and my dad from local business owners. They grew a garden, and still do, and they would use recipes from other ethnicities that were affordable in lean times. I now buy local and look to be variable and diversified in how I eat, live, and shop.

...know your talents and gifts. It's probably for this very reason that the the dollar has dropped in the first place (and showing nothing was learned from the crash in 2008) that you MUST diversify your talents and resources (and financially, your income). Do not rely on ONE source. We are each gifted in the thousands with skills and some even to the level of mastery...use it! Stay adaptable in your viewpoint and you will see how you can plug in and be of good service or in meeting your own needs.

...get together with your community. Treat it like Christmas time (hospitality and getting together). Visit with others more often. Get to know the lives of those around you. Get to know the needs of those around you....encourage and build one another up. Keep others in mind when you are meeting your own needs. This one was personally learned and practiced and the fruit of it is huge...every time. The encouragement of your neighbours, bus drivers, shop keepers, cashiers, collegues, and peers will serve you far into the future. It's the most valued resource to maintain. It helps to build up on your own good character. Focus on joy. Focus on loving. Focus on building up yourselves and others.

Don't get dragged down into the doldrums of others. There are many other communities, and countries unaffected  because they've built a simple, solid, sustainable system within...local-based, adaptable, and encouraging...and there are those who can't help but be brought down by the doubts and fears of others. Choose which way you will be contributing.
Well, back to building on "better" today.  Enjoy a beautiful and wonder-filled day.
#thankyouGod #aslongasitiscalledToday #oneanotherlove #buildingbetter #sustainableliving #lifetothefull



No comments: