Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, August 26, 2021

Playing the long game

Playing the long game...

Decide. Create a vision. Create smaller steps within the vision. Keep things simple and consistent. Trust the process. Celebrate along the way.
Right now I am getting off a call with my hubby that started with family prayer time...lead into some honest and transparent sharing...and ended with hope and future aspirations.
I have always wanted this moment. I've envisioned how it would sound and feel. It definitely doesn't look like how I would expect...4 month long distance connection. But main things are... No guilt, no shame, celebrating freedoms...sharing freely with a plan...and honouring one another.
We are over 20 years in, and we have grown and stayed moving forward by setting a foundation we fall back on...friends first. Not easy coming from 2 people who grow and experience in very different ways. And then we layered the rest in...through our individual experience and growth...to get to where we wanted to be in our relationship.
This pic was me celebrating the subtle change recently from a 3 week challenge I was participating in. I forgot to celebrate it more. It's the simplest changes that I applied that made the difference. I'm celebrating my wins before I head to sleep.
I don't know how your 2021 is going, but even though it has had its rough spots for us as a family, at a core level we have had some pretty big foundational growth.
Yeah...it's almost easy to keep going when you can feel the momentum of the good in your simple and day to day processes.
I'm so grateful how it's all falling into place after it has felt like so long.
More good to come and excited for it 💖

No comments: