Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Friday, August 27, 2021

Giving other space to be heard

I am happy to listen.

Because maybe you don't have that safe space in tour life to be heard and accepted for where and what and who you are right now.
Or sometimes we want to share the "hard" in our lives, thinking no one's "hard" is like my own, so just let me have my " hard" in peace.
...today, I finally got to touch base with a dear neighbour of mine. He shared his recent wins. He shared the triumph after much loss and hardship. And then....he made space for listening. Genuine, authentic, concerned listening.
You see, sometimes the listener also has a hardship. Also is currently in a struggle. Not wanting to overwrite your "hard", but wanting to let you know that they walk a journey too...and that they are willing to walk with you, if you'll let it.
In your "hard", do you give yourself space to see others around you?
I was blessed with that today and wanted to share ❤

No comments: