Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Going further than you thought. By working our mindset and supporting one another

Last year this was us.

Jeremy made it to the top and our little one too.
Zion and myself a distance behind...
I was physically struggling...an ankle still in recovery mode and contending with anemia... I wasn't in the best state, but not my worst either...
I was still going for that summit. 🏔
But in all our adventuring, there's something many don't see... that my Z boy has a fear of heights.
YUP! And last year it go to him.
Yes, he has summited before...and to this date, has near summitted or reach the summit of a handful or more mountains and climbed many in the Rockies andd even a hike in Alaska.
How?
Mindset.
I had a strong fear of falling...and I countered it with my strong desire to fly like a bird. That desire is always stronger than my fear.
For him, he loves pushing to new accomplishments and standing in its power. He enjoys being proud of what he CAN do. And he's a natural runner...so going down running trails is no biggie for him.
I can push to the top wanting to soar....he loves the feeling of running down... we were a good pair that day 💖
Last year brought new fears and new awareness to us all... I went with what I CAN do and focused on doing it well. And I "invest" in THAT direction, in increasing measure, more than aligning with fear. It's not full or filling.
I personify fear. It sits in a corner stirring cold tea and complaining the biscuits are too dry LOL. It's also a good story teller.
But I like bigger and more triumphant stories. Ones that give hope, love, freedom, and celebrate victory.
Anyways... we still came close to the summit last year. Further than we thought we could...through working our mindset and supporting one another.❤

No comments: