Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, February 3, 2021

That "cookie" will lose it "sweetness" over time as you continue to tell yourself and validate those stories that don't serve you

 Good morning!

This morning I posted in my Reboot group the biggest secret of my success.
COOKIES!!
I breakdown the "reward" process that happens in our brains and how our stories play a role in that ... in ways that serve us or don't serve to our benefit and well-being.
But this is not so much about the cookies as it is around the stories we tell ourselves. The ways we justify WHY we are stuck in our lives and the way that we are or experiencing what it is that we are experiencing. 'SEE? I am right!' "Cookie!"
But there is something about that cookie that loses it "sweetness" over time as you continue to tell yourself and validate those stories that don't serve you... they will need more "proof" to keep them going. You may end up having to amplify the story, looking for bigger and bigger proof for it to remain as a strong "right" in your life. And that cookie WILL get harder and harder to digest.
I will admit, I have "cookies" like that in my life right now. Ones that are overloaded with ALL the goodies...waiting to get choked down with "proof".
But here I sit, sitting at this "macadamia-nutted-gluten-free, chocolate-chipped-and-dipped cookie", and I don't have the stomach for the "reward" it is offering. The reward doesn't serve me well.
BUT!.... There are OTHER "cookies" available, good or bad, so now.... I'm on the search for a new and different "cookie".
By telling a new/improved and SERVING story, I can now start searching and following the "crumbs" of that "cookie" and enjoy the "rewards" and "sweetness" it offers.

No comments: