Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

My presence supports humanity ❤ That is the legacy of Love I wish to share

 Good morning!

There is always more to be seen and perceived then sometimes we allow ourselves to see and receive.
When I painted this "portrait", the woman I "saw" was "me". Not so much in the literal sense, but figuratively. "Black Girl Magic" was the theme.
I had been reviewing historical content. Digging deeper into the information that was coming my way. Following a claim for royalties... this 2018.
And I came across all these family photos. No parents. Just the kids and their mammies. So many of the prestigious posings with the woman whose presence left an impact. I read the stories of how they celebrated her...loved her...were proud of their times together. They did not herald such accolades for their biological parents...just this woman who nurtured them from birth. #Radiance
They spoke of how she encouraged them to do their best and why. They were glad to report to her how well they did in school.
They knew that she was there to support them. Beyond the duty she was assigned to, she really did put her heart and soul into "raising up" good people.
There is more to our humanity than we are allowing ourselves to celebrate and be celebrated for.
All because of choosing not to see an even bigger picture.
Yes, "she" is "me".
I was inspired by her hardship and not being considered worthy or valued... but she did. And she instilled the legacy of her value by #standingfirm in love and integrity.
Possibly feeling undervalued...unseen...unappreciated...intimidating... many women in melanated skin can relate...and yet our presence is powerful and encompassing. It urges and encourages. It calls others higher. Many of us look to build others up. But seeing them first in their value and presence first is priceless. Just like how these majestic beings did before us. #Sawubona
My presence supports humanity ❤ That is the legacy of Love I wish to share as those before have shared with me, and that I pay forward today.

No comments: