Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Monday, February 1, 2021

Before you label, consider...

 Good morning.

One of my nicknames back in High School was "Serious".
I held a firm face, didn't laugh as much (at least with those poking fun at me and calling me "Serious"), and was not a fan of "joking" around.
To be honest, they weren't funny 😅😅 I would often remark that they didn't know what serious meant.
Were they wrong? No. I was serious. I was sober in my approach to things. I treated how I expected to be treated with importance. I didn't like poking fun at others or engage in jokes.
But what was behind it all was...
I was harassed from morning to evening for any number of things.
I was tired of being made fun of or cut out of situations.
I was done with constant pranks.
I was focused on what I wanted to be doing with my life...
I was moreso watchful than feeling free and easy to express myself.
It wasn't with everyone. I had friends I hung out and laughed with. Had playful conversations...many are still my friends.
And now, it's having had situations like those that remind me of the gift of words, and how we use them.
Grateful to now be "intentional"...not just with who is around me and shares in my company, but also when no one else is around. About the integrity and balance I use in my words with myself.
Compassionate, curious, joyful, knowledgeable, helpful,...mysterious 😉...

No comments: