Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, February 18, 2021

It's all the little moments and decisions we make that add up. Check in time

 Good morning!

I had a heart to heart chat with my son last night. And after many calls to him to come and meet me where I was at, he came.
Right now he hasn't been doing so great. Each day a little more "busy" in his head. No room for conversation and pondering or thought. He has become more reactive. More sensitive to feeling annoyed and agitated. Sharper responses to his family was where I wanted to "interrupt" this non-serving behaviour.
We never just get to the point where we are too busy and overwhelmed in life from one moment. It's all the little moments and decisions we made along the way to get to that point. We don't go from 0 to100 in an instant. We build that up.
Usually the decision that was made took us AWAY from taking care of ourselves and now... after doing that over and over and adding to the "misdirection", everything feels like too much to handle or bear....and even the next "good" decision seems like too much commitment right now while I am struggling with what is in front of me...UGH!! HELP!
That is where he was heading to. The cry for help. I have reached that point before...we all have. Maybe you are there now...
When our youngest was born, I struggled to even brush my teeth. My self-care routine had NO SPACE to exist...in my head. Worse-case scenarios ran through my head often. Even a moment where I simply made a quick dash to the washroom proved too much because the kids got into something within that minute of time and got hurt (PROOF! 😉 ). I ballooned to 40 lbs more in a month more from inflammation than from eating. I needed help!
But with where everything was at the time, I knew "I" had to do something for myself, so I adapted. They were brought everywhere with me and so began the journey of our relationship...
My boys can "handle" being interrupted because they know the work involved in their awareness of self and others. We do the work to be mindful of where WE are at and how WE are doing. My son, had been slipping, little by little in a certain area of HIS self-care and nurturing and I wanted to address it with him and see how we can "adapt" into a serving direction.
As adults, it can feel harder to "interrupt". It feels like so much work, responsibilities, and expectations are on us each day. If you can relate, chime in.
Your well-being should come first. It changes your whole world experience. It changes how you relate with those around you. It changes how you feel in your own skin.
I want to help others in their journeys, just like I help my own son. To be empowered, to navigate his way back to his personal alignment, and back into enjoying life as a default, not just a pipe dream.
We are here to enjoy the fullness of this journey. I truly believe that. If you would like that help and support, let me know ❤

No comments: