Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, January 7, 2021

What's your journalling practice look like?

 Good morning!



Journalling.
Are you doing it? Do you do it? I really want to know....And so do you.
Because that intimate connection with you and your "own" thoughts is a key process that many are disconnected from.
I used to have a diary. With a lock and key. That lock and key is the important part that transformed my personal relationship with me...
It was like a beacon for others to become inquisitive about what I was putting behind lock and key. And their "curiosity" to steal away moments into my private thoughts and conversation felt unsafe. It's not that it made my thoughts unsafe or the writing moment unsafe, but when I was done, it wasn't safe. Especially in the "hands" of those that wanted to mock my thoughts and experiences.
And yet, I couldn't not "write". I couldn't "not have that conversation with myself or the focus of my sharing. So I started to bring that conversation into my prayers. It was me and Jesus and it was safe.
And then, many years later and "on the other side of the cross" (aka my eternal commitment to being a disciple), I decided I would officially journal again. "Open book" was my inspiration statement. I would live my life and write my words "open book". The conversation was between me and God. Sometimes they were letters. Sometimes they were pleas. Written in free-flow conversation. And open for ANYONE to read. Then I had kids. One in particular that the conversations were being shared with...and I didn't think it was fair to impart this "wisdom" for only this child to hear. So I started posting.
And today I post after our morning chat of inspiration, pondering, and reminding...
Reminding him to continue his "knowing" journey of who he is. And to be more responsible with the "power" of his impact and to choose how he is using it. Because each day we emit our power out into the world. We choose to either put it behind judgmental thoughts and criticisms or as encouragement and compassion...we are always using it. Thought to thought, action to action. As we process, we "power" what is to come forth.
See yourself. Remind your "self" of who you are...in wholeness and continue to explore the fullness of your potential.
Journal.
Are you connecting with who you are?

No comments: