Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, January 3, 2021

Manage your “mind”

 3 days into the New Year and at the beginning of its first full week, and many have shared their “riddins” to 2020.


However, this year that everyone WANTS to be different than the last hasn’t seen as much of the vision that people were going into 2020 with. Remember, 80% of people don’t achieve their New Year's resolutions, and not for a lack of setting them, but sticking to them.
There is much uncertainty that is hanging in the air for most of really. But is that different from any other year...or future intent? The other day I shared about starting with a vision. And not just “smart” stuff that breaks down the goal, but the big vision that encompasses those “goals” and steps along the way.
Today’s next BIG tip is…. Manage your “mind”.
Mindset matters. Yes, years ago I made the decision towards the change I wanted. Yes, I used my imagination for creating the picture of what my vision would look like. AND the thing that got me through the sleepless nights and into taking and making the steps I would take into a consistent practice wasn’t just my vision….it was to simplify what it was I was doing in my mind to a point where there was less resistance.
More often than not, I didn’t want to work out in the morning because I felt tired from interrupted sleep. Well, at that point I could have said I will “wait” until I get better sleep and THEN I can really work out.
But HA!! My sleep (and the sleep patterns of my boys) didn’t get better for at least 6 more years after that point, so I am glad I didn’t wait.
I did what I COULD do in that moment. I negotiated and said I would just do one set and then at LEAST I did something. Sometimes it would be the one set, sometimes I would have completed the 3 sets and the whole workout. And then I celebrated what I DID do, and rewarded myself with my NEXT best step. Like taking my vitamins and post workout drink. Or getting in a nap if I could 🙂 Or stretching. And I would just relish the moment. Totally savoured my “rewards”.
LOL, I will admit, I may not be there in my mindset today. And, I know I have been, even recently, so I can just pick it back up and apply it again in my next best moment or step.
I did achieve better energy in those days. I did also gain so much more in keeping things simple and consistent day to day. Simply wanting to keep up with my kids and being frustrated with a lack of energy and mobility helped me to look for the simplest solution to qualify as my next best step that would bring me through to my envisioned life.
This photo was not about just catching a selfie, it was about moment of celebration at a time of challenges. I thank myself for taking a pic of a moment like this in my life 💖
How have you celebrated your small wins?
Tomorrow I will share with you a program that will help you in your New Year’s journey and to move from those spaces you feel stuck into more sustainable, daily moments.

No comments: