Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, December 3, 2020

Where is your consistent focus?

Good morning!
Can I tell you a little something?
I am an offender. There are people in my life that I "offend" on a regular basis.
My sons...I challenge them on the stories they try and tell me 😅 . Usually starts with their brother's name in the sentence.
And in those moments...I check myself. Have I started the sentence with someone's name other than my own?
And the answer was yes. Been there, done that. Blame, blame, blame....and you know what? Even my own blame offends me when I catch it.
So, I own up to it. And then "offend" my boys again by asking them to do the same.
And...we ARE in this human journey experiencing ALL the things it feels like, doesn't it?
And through THAT experiencing, the GIFT is in navigating it in a way that serves. It can definitely "serve" the story and blame you are in the habit of practicing and validating...giving life to....feeding more fervently and powerfully even more than your own well being.
"Don't get it twisted..."
That's what stopped me in my tracks and had me reflecting and resetting one December morning as I was reading reflections and inspirations on Jesus Christ...
WHAT is at the top of your focus that you feed with your consistency each day? How to share from your joys and inspirations...? or how much your brother did this thing yesterday and that's the reason for X, Y, and the Z...
I know I held others in "blame jail" and got myself caught up in that snare...AND...I prayed for a heart of compassion. And let me tell you, that lesson has been continuous. Next level...and the next...and the heaviness of heart at times...when all someone can do is see you as "offensive " and "offending".
Don't take it on. Love others...include yourself in the picture and process. Move on and do the next beneficially serving thing. Your good influence matters. It is seen and felt...by you and others.
I loved reflecting on the gift of being inspired by a good work coming through in your life. Humbling confidence to know you are a good blessing into this world.
So yes, I may be an offender (of egos and false, non-serving narratives...even my own), and I know compassion, love, and living a good example from a Great example is first on my mind... most all of my days.
And in that compassionate space, I can hear brotherly banter and smile...because I am #raisingmen.
No photo description available.

No comments: