Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, December 2, 2020

How do we get hurt? The power of our choices

 Good morning!



Today IS a new day. Thank goodness! Again, it's okay to be sad because of a lack of kindness... and it can be hard to not take it personally...
But there are a few statements that have been floating around this past week... "...hurt people hurt people..." and "victim".
Do those stand out for you? They do for me...because it always made me wonder..."HOW?"
How do we get hurt? How do we choose to hurt? How do we get to the point of victim?
So I looked up the etymology of "vict"...latin meaning "conquer". Then conquer lead to control...and I paused.
I reflected on a recent situation and thought..."What do I have control over? My response and my state" I choose. And if a situation takes me over the road and off course...it is ONLY me that can make the next decision for myself to either get back on course and in a serving state of being and mind OR... roll over in the ditch and wallow in it...whatever "IT" may be.
I've wallowed...and oddly enough...I didn't notice until I stopped and checked in with myself more consistently.
You see ...either way the common denominator is Your choice. You have control over that in every moment...even if we get caught off guard. Even in non serving situations and relationships...
We can flip it. I've done it time and time again. I did not want to go around slinging mud...I wanted people to respectfully, carefully, and mindfully show love THROUGH themselves to others...and be blessed by it.
Be kind. If you can't find a way to be kind, stop...and check yourself. Ask why you choose not to be...ask why you can't find a more loving thing to share...is it because you feel hurt...betrayed...disappointed...disrespected? Did you chose to wallow? Are you tired of the filth?
Be okay with being honest and compassionate with yourself first... then finding compassion in our honesty toward others is easier to find.

No comments: