Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, December 10, 2020

Getting back on track

 Good morning!

Yesterday, after a morning episode that took me "off track", I allowed myself to quickly pull the level that switches the tracks for a proverbial train and went from I have all these things to "do" TO "You have ONE JOB!" Get better 💖
I wasn't going for the "swing at the playground " experience... I was just going for better.
I started with being grateful...glad for all the work I DID do the day before. Grateful for knowing exactly what to tackle first (manage inflammation). Grateful to know what progresive steps and markers to track so I know that "better" is coming and to stand in that next step and space so that I can move up the next spaces (like playing a board game).
I went from swollen, to more facial movement, to standing, to being able to tolerate elevation changes and light...and then less and less pain and more and more movement. I could settle into a thought a ponder it.
Yes!! 🖒🖒🖒
"Better" was achieved.
I no longer wanted to be laid up for days. I knew what worked and helped and my ONE job was to apply them all 😅😅 and go for "better".
Doesn't mean that I didn't get to some of the others things slotted for the day to be done...like sitting down together for a family breakfast, getting the bed put together, dishes and cleaning, and maintaining our environment, but they were done mindfully, and with help.
Today, it back to where I intended from the day before. No biggie. Enjoying my routine and process and seeing myself in it.
A more gracious start to a "better" day💖💖

No comments: