Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

When did I start with the January Reset?

 Why? How?

When did I start with the January Reset? I actually started back in 2007.
I just couldn’t anymore. After over a year of my body trying to recover from an NDE, C-section with complications, and multiple postpartum recovery issues, I was still carrying around over 80 pounds of extra weight and in a lot of pain.
No sleep, with two young toddlers, which meant no proper recovery time from surgery among other health complications. It was when I knew I didn’t have the capacity for movement or the rest I needed to have enough energy to keep up with two young boys. I wanted to play with them, to tire them out, to be able to even make a meal for myself and the family. But I could feel how far I was away from this vision in my mind.
The boys slept on alternating schedules (they still are not synched up LOL), which meant I spent many nights hanging out with infomercials. And with that, I didn’t really feel like I cared about my health. I knew I did...I even dreamt about it, but when I went to go and move my body, it was HARD.
Can you relate to feeling like you want to do something but feel an inexplicable “force” holding you back?
That was why, in the beginning of 2007, I committed to making changes in the way our family eats. I was not happy in my exercise program as it was painful to continue with, but I did see some improvements in my energy. When I switched up my exercise routine later in 2007 to one that was WAY easier, it made an even bigger difference that set me up for January 2008. And from that point, I haven’t looked back.
The “how” I will share more about tomorrow. 😉
For now, I ask you… ( and I ask myself…) “how much would YOU enjoy the next level of where you want to be?”

No comments: