Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Friday, December 18, 2020

Are you a problem keeper? or solution oriented?

 Good morning!



Something popped in my head this morning and I thought why not share my pondering of it with you...so here it begins...
"Shout out to all my problem-keepers out there!"
I was actually in the process of listing attributes that I appreciate of myself ("homework") and as I was coming up on putting down "problem solver", my mind was heading into rephrasing it when this dropped in.
So, can you relate? Are you "good" at problems? Are you good at seeing and relating to the problems in your life? Do you find that no matter where you go or what you do to try and "fix" the problem, that it somehow shows up again? Or even better, gets worse than before?
I can remember being good at "recognizing" these negative things or ways that I and others could get stuck in a situation. I could sniff a "problem" coming a mile away (LOL it's an expression, but not so funny if you know about me and the chemical/fragrance thing 😅😅).
I was sometimes put in roles because I was so good at seeing the problem "coming" before it could fully play out. I was proficient at it. And as long as I was in the knowing that that problem would always have an "opportunity" to show up, I was ready for it.
Until one day I asked myself a not-so-serving question, 'Why do I always find myself in a problem of some sort?' You know what I realized...I was always "hanging out" with problems!
You see, it wasn't that I was good at creating a problematic situation or a circumstance that required opposition or defense against an adversary, I was mainly being in the place of and observing problems. It was like watching a different "culture" of behaviour and habits and being able to spot the similarities. Like the meme with the popcorn except I spoke up and said something about it LOL 🍿🍿.
I realized I was more SOLUTION oriented, but not using it.
And in hanging out WITH the problems I also noticed.... they never change. The problems stay exactly the same. It's like a booby trap or a mud puddle that never dries up. It's always gonna be there in the same "space" it has always been. And you CAN get stuck in it. But the great part is, it's not the problem that got you stuck, it's the parts leading up to the "puddle". Those things that if done in a certain way, will always lead you into the problem. It's not being mindful beforehand that put you on the "path" to getting stuck in the problem in the first place.
AND that is okay! There will always be problems. And perhaps that because we are MEANT to flex our SOLUTION muscle more often. We are meant to be more observant going forward after our experiences with said "problems." We are meant to find ways to connect people who are experiencing the "problems" to the solutions they need in order to get unstuck and move on. We are designed for being adaptable and dynamic.
Being solution oriented or solution-minded means...you choose to see more of the picture (have vision) and then navigate your way through your experiences more mindfully. If we all could see the accidents and construction that pops up while we set out on the road, we can make choices that help our flow to our set destination be more smooth and take less time.
Working from the solution point of view also means that you can recognize that a problem exists and create or innovate a way to help others through it.... to help them to grow in their solution finding skills ...to expand their awareness and viewpoint so that they don't have to be hanging out with "problems" and getting stuck in "problem culture".
You don't "have to" be a Problem Keeper.
Keep allowing yourself to see a bigger picture from where you are at. You will more often see more options and opportunities to be in a different space than where "stuck" is happening. Either through connecting with the solution and applying or connecting with someone that may be able to help you to get from "stuck" to sustainable.
Anyways, just a random thought that brought the gift of inspiration and pondering this morning.

No comments: