Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

What do you want to BE?

 Okay, okay....this has come up several times recently and I guess that means it needs some light....

Justified. Do you feel "justified" in your actions? In your beliefs? In your perception?
Years ago I made a dramatic life "choice"....I got married 😄😄😄...(LOL I couldn't resist 😛 ) and shortly after I confirmed my discipleship. The more and more I read, there was something that stood out to me...there was no longer room in my life for choosing to live from a "justified" perspective. I wanted to BE more loving, I wanted to BE more compassionate, more faithful, more welcoming, more embracing, more celebratory, more joyful, more encouraged....and even though it was a time where I actually felt quite abandoned (in that particular moment in time), I couldn't see the "need" to hanging on to being "justified" in my current bitterness at the time...my hurt and disappointment...I couldn't justify being indignant to the needs of those around me, even if...they were not good at minding my needs. In order for ME to become who it is I wanted to be MORE of ...I had to choose BEing Love over being "correct" (a.k.a. right) in my thoughts and actions. It actually felt like being frozen in a moment of time...virtually trapped on a wheel that span around and around and didn't give me the room to grow in the way that I truly wanted to. I took myself out of my "justified" thoughts for just a moment and sat and observed the "players on the screen". It didn't matter if I was right or not...I wanted to move on...and so I did. I left "justified" and "right" in that moment and moved on to the next....
....LOL, sometimes, others will pick up what I left behind and bring it to me later on....how I was right or how they learned from our interaction...sometimes I am quite surprised the impact they receive...but for me, I have become more of who I am by keeping adaptable and moving....and "justify" wasn't serving me in a way to do that.

No comments: