Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Friday, December 14, 2018

Conclusions aren't always "fact" - Don't play the blame game

 Good morning!

Years ago, I had some serious debt. Creditors of all types were calling, one of which was highly abusive and I reported him.
I had several conversations with him where he gathered the "facts" of my life, and then from there he threw them back in my face like I was a dirty rag. WOW! (Remembering it now, I am grateful to no longer carry the emotional "charge" that I had with it before...) Piece by piece, he took them and used them with blame as the conclusive reason as to why I was in the "mess" that I was in. None of those reasons he shared rang true, but to others looking in...who knows, that may be what they would conclude as well.
The creditor that I dealt with after he was removed from my file shared the same facts back to me as a defeated story, one of hopelessness and "good luck trying to have a life or future"....and I simply said, "...there are many things in my life you cannot see that make my life great and worth living."
Today, there are many aspects of my life now, that if taken out of my own perspective, and out of context, would be facts that might set some people running, make them cry, make them angry, and essentially, tell a different story than what I see that I am experiencing. And the "context" from which those facts are removed are in fact the mindset that I am running in the background. There is a greater storyline at play than others realize and to me, things are working out better and better with improvement, each and every day. Things that I questioned are unfolding their underlying plot and revealing a beautiful twist to my growth and the growth of those around me.
I love the beauty of my life in wholeness. Transitional periods, periods of growth, moments of perfect timing for my own good and the greater good of others, having to trust in a bigger picture and the process of living, and the wisdom that I am gaining because of the "challenges" and situations that would otherwise spell doom and destruction if you didn't put them in the right perspective....essentially a more expanded viewpoint of the journey, and the living experience on a greater scale. And maybe it's because I choose to look for the beauty and positive proof and how things can be beneficial to my life and growth...but what I see is beyond just the pieces, but how they are all coming together to make the picture more complete.

No comments: