Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, March 5, 2020

Are you in the "gruff" of your growth right now?

 Good morning.



Are you in the "gruff" of your growth right now?
One of my boys has been having leg pains lately. Standing, sitting, walking....but he has also been gaining more "capri"-lengthed pants as well 😉 😛 The summation, he's growing taller 😃 😃
I am so glad that he gripes and whines about it....😛 No, really I am! Because then I know what to look for and I can support him in his journey.
The other day there was an interview I was watching and how they are only sharing about their trials and struggle on the other side of it all and wouldn't think of doing it during....
I thought about that, and I did that to some degree with my 100+ lb weight loss, but the thing I really wish I had done more....is share the things I was researching, experimenting with and experiencing WHILE going through the "gruff".
I look back on that time in my life and it was a really challenging and seemingly lonely time for me. Actually, it was a more lonely journey for me with those "in-person" folks than it was with my online friends and community.
I was mocked at, scoffed at, ostracized, ignored, laughed at....all to my face! HAHAHA 😅😅😂😂 'You're crazy!' 'Oh c'mon! it's not that bad. Just have some! it's not going to kill you to eat it.'
I still (to this day), get all of the above, but I have also gotten apologies. I had recommended to a few people while I was in the 'gruff' who later came back to me after being told the same thing by someone else (usually a doctor).
I am currently back in the 'gruff' again with a similar journey and NOW I am taking that opportunity to SHARE from what I AM learning...in the HEART of it all....how I am choosing to respond, how I am choosing to apply what I am learning, and how I am adapting along the way. I'm using different puzzle pieces and the scenario isn't the same, but in the similarities I get to navigate, I can share from what I have gone through ....and in the "new" challenges, I get to share with those that are experiencing the same thing and helping them move forward as I move forward as well.
It reminds me of the word and philosophy, Ubuntu. "I am because we are". It's around the concept of sharing our humanity.
My personal belief is that we are lifted up in our journeys as we also lift others in theirs as well.
The one image that highlights this best for me, is when my oldest son first met a young friend who wasn't walking yet. My boys both started walking at very early ages and this one child was still pulling themselves along the ground. He looked up at me with wide eyes, and then went back at the other child and proceeded to help them to stand as he was. That child tried to receive the help, but then gestured it was fine for now, and went back to moving quickly across the floor as they were before. Not long after did they actually start walking and well, they are still walking now.
We can encourage others, WHILE we are growing, to grow alongside us. WE can help move one another, with love, toward common goals and experiences.
And I LOVE that we "get" to share that love freely with one another as we choose, without having to neglect our own dynamic expansion and growth at the same time. Compassion for ourselves, compassion for others. Sharing our journey. Ubuntu.

No comments: