Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Saturday, March 7, 2020

A season for everything. What you "could" be and what you ARE being in this moment.

 Good morning!

Today I sat with my "ego" (aka BN role...aka 'Thelma') over tea.
We had an honesty talk about how I am showing up in this journey of mine.
You see 'Thelma' wants to show and prove. She loves spotlight and attention...she loves being recognized for all our talents...and she compares...she sees how others are showing up in a way that I "could" and is jarring me with it.
It's true. I "could" be showing in that way...poetry, published writer and author, spoken word and speaking, teaching and worksho
ps, singing and dancing, fitness, etc... I have done it and I could do even more.
AND... I am also showing up in others ways in my life that don't take the 'stage' and 'spotlight'. A more supporting role...mother, disciple, wife and partner, nutrition and food consultant, coach and friend, community contributor, and #oneanotherlove advocate.
Both are possible and depending on our season in life, some will show up more prominent.
So this morning...this is the scripture I sit with as I review direction for the next "season " of my life ...
"There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill
and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace."

No comments: