Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Saturday, December 14, 2019

Honour the signs your body gives you

 Good morning.

Low light/low key mode is NOT on the schedule for today! LOL😂😂...was going to type something else, but that is the first thing to pop out.
Have you ever had a health concern pop up and PUSHED through it anyway? Yesterday was a simple day of doing tasks and being places...Dropped of the big guy with his bake sale goodies (still available...$2 each 😉 ) and then went to go get some errands done...first place, I guess they JUST finished mopping down with a bottle of perfume, but it was THICK in there!! I was hurting, and I felt things firing off, but I pushed through and got 'er done! And we were out! Next stop...good and encouraging...and then it was lunchtime with about a few hundred folks and it was a bit much.
Came home, unloaded the car, and then I could start noticing things...went to lay down and then when I went to get back up, I knew...too much was too much.
Why didn't I take note when the "canary tipped over in its cage"? But I kept pushing through...This morning, I feel so ill, I don't even want to eat anything...(LOL a voice in my head is saying BONUS! )
I have ALL TYPES of conclusions in my head as to why I feel like I do from last night and into today....and I am sure they all played a role. However, it's a good reminder, not to get STUCK in concluding, AND to also not get used to DISMISSING! Now for some, that previous sentence will read as instructions to get stuck and dismiss...that is the opposite of what I am saying, just to be clear.
Try and apply. If you THINK something is a trigger, test it out and observe. Now of course, if you are looking for a specific outcome, that may (or may not) be what you see, but it's worth a try.(Just notice first)
Today, I can't smell as well as I am used to. My olfactory receptors are blocked. Which means, for me, I have to pay CAREFUL attention to what my body is telling me. WHICH also means (for me) to watch out for immune suppressors and DO apply immune boosters today (anti-inflammatory, antioxidants, polyphenols, vitamins, minerals.....boost it up!!). Which also means, now is not the time to try and find a synthetic fragrance or trigger in my environment...My threshhold is busted and I'm feeling compromised as it is LOL.
Today is a day to honour my body and not push through. Today is a GREAT day to step back and be MINDFUL with myself. AND if my body says "I've had enough for now", I'm going to give it what it needs. I'm already over a litre (32+ oz ) of water consumed for today to rule out dehydration...not just to try and "fix" things, but also because it is my regular practice, and a good daily habit to keep consistent with...
Take care of yourself! And notice those moments where you may have sold yourself short as well. Because it's only you who can make that positive change in your life....everything else is just there for support ❤
No photo description available.

No comments: