Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, December 1, 2019

Bok Choy, Mushroom, Ginger Root Soup: An adaptation for a quick and nourishing meal

  Wooohooo! Last night's dinner 

😃 I love a simple recipe ❤ Especially on days where I don't feel like being tied up in the kitchen (which is most days honestly). I think this is a "NAILED IT" moment. 😃 What do you think? 

(recipe below)


I DID do a few additions (an adaptation of a recipe that was an adaptation 😅)

...I added wakame seaweed, extra garlic and ginger, chaga and reishi powders (already mushrooms in there 😉 ), and green onions. And used arrowroot noodles.


See the recipe here from the link below....

Bok Choy, Shiitake Mushroom, Ginger Root “Happy Soup”: Recipe To Build Qi, The Immune System, And Improve Digestion

Ingredients (serves 4):


1 lb. of baby bok choy, washed and separated (cut any large leaves in half vertically) (the grocery was all out of baby bok choy, so I got 2 large bok choy bunches, and cute them in half, horizontally and vertically)

4 ounces of vermicelli rice noodles (1 large package seemed to work perfectly)

3 ounces of shiitake mushrooms, sliced (I used a whole package)

1 medium garlic clove, finely chopped (I put in 4 cloves to up the immune boosting capabilities, and because I love garlic!)

1 teaspoon of fresh ginger, finely chopped (I used 2 medium sized nodes)

4 slices of sun-dried tomatoes, finely diced

4 cups of vegetable broth (I like the Better Than Bouillon vegetable stock)

Juice from 1/2 fresh lemon (I used bottled organic lemon juice)

1/4 cup of olive oil (I used a blend of extra virgin olive oil and coconut oil, the coconut oil is sourced from the Philippines and benefits local farmers)

Pinch of red pepper flakes

Season with salt and pepper

IMG_3092
Directions:

Place a large (12 – 14″) deep sauté pan over medium/high heat.

Add oil and heat until hot but not smoking.

Add mushrooms and cook for about 2 minutes, or just until they begin to color.

Add bok choy and cook just until they begin to wilt.

Add chopped garlic, ginger and pepper flakes and cook until the garlic begins to color (a minute or less).

Add the broth, the lemon and the sun-dried tomatoes and cook for a few minutes more until fragrant and the broth begins to bubble.

Add the rice noodles and cook until soft but still a bit firm.


Season and serve.

No comments: