Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, August 4, 2022

Keeping it in context.

 Good mawning!


Keeping it in context.
I will admit, interactions with me are not always smooth.
They "used to" be. I edited most of my encounters to be about the person I was engaging with and what they were saying.
I wasn't people pleasing. I was simply not trusting the person I was with. I didn't share from my "side" of the conversation, and in turn, they didn't get to really know me at all.
I've been through many situations where it wasn't "safe" for me to speak. And when I did, I was attacked. Verbally, emotionally, and also physically.
Many of those situations were because of what they were thinking and how they were processing. Often because of discrimination and stereotypes. And in that, they didn't allow themselves to receive what I had to say.
Not a lot of people know that I experience "shyness" and I used to stutter.
Again, I know that this is still related to being "silenced" in so many ways.
However, in the still and quiet spaces I learned something valuable. That everyone has a "wholeness" they may not be allowing themselves to see and embrace.
I DO have thoughts that some people may not find amusing. And in other spaces, those same thoughts are the fuel for connection and heartfelt compassion.
I DO share the fullness of the journey of what I experience and for some, they don't like hearing how I evolved from a non-serving moment into a loving and serving choice and direction with all the details.
In truth, the "thing" I didn't trust in others is the simple fact that we (myself included) will most OFTEN pull out that ONE thing we didn't like or made us feel angry or upset or offended and RUN a LONG MILE with it out of the context from which it came. We may even label, cut off, disconnect, GHOST, and even attack the person through which it "came".
But you taking something OUT of its "environment" is on you! It's on me!
When I catch myself running with an assumption and conclusion about a situation or someone, I keep PULLING myself back to seeing the fuller picture and returning the "object" that was pulled out back to ITS place.
I then try and choose to #HarvesttheGood and ground myself in the belief that this space we are living in, and even the people within it, are inherently good and things are serving a greater and loving purpose in my life and yours.
So if you find that you are churning over something that makes you upset.... speak up.
It could very well be a greater lesson and embracing that we are being called to step into. And it could put that "thing" back into the context from which it came to make more sense of.
I know I am... and I am going to answer the call.

No comments: