Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Build THEM up according to THEIR needs - Genshai


 Genshai - "Means that you should never treat others in a manner that would make them feel small"

This includes ourselves. Even if we have decided that how we address another is cute and endearing, it may not be a reference that the other finds complimentary.
Years ago, my own children expressed a correction in how they would like to be addressed and they explained what the term meant for them. Granted. From that point on, I use different references that build THEM up according to THEIR needs.
Sure, we want to be "cure" or "casual"... does it imbue respect in the other person?
I was well-built up this week already by just a rightly placed observation and reference. Last week, I felt "small"-ed in the light of a diminutive jest.
What do you use to build others up? I'm off to speak value and encouragement in a few more people today (yes, even at the end of my LONG day LOL).

No comments: