Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Friday, October 16, 2020

The stories we tell ourselves....

 


Good morning!

The stories we tell ourselves....
LOL I am still recalling a conversation I shared last weekend. It was uplifting to share both the facts and then my choice and response....
I can't help but to think though.... "Don't talk to me about the facts or justifying yourself with "decisions" you made in heated and hurt moments....In moments you made choices that were based in judgments...If I told you the story...of what I lived and experienced...if I told you just the facts...you would be aghast, and often it leaves people shaking their heads. "
LOL I often shake my head too...remembering things that have occurred and been like "WOW! What was THAT!?!" And then I shift almost instantly to another state...into amazement, gratitude, wonder, and celebration. I don't remember when this all started for me....within the last 20 years perhaps?...where betrayal and deceit turned into irony and value. Where mocking and doubtful dismissals turned into encouragement and curiosity. I saw over and over how discouragement and disappointment turned into moments of beauty and amplification and worked out amazingly for my benefit.
So now, by adding in "we'll see...", by suspending my conclusion and waiting until after seeing how things DO work out, it washes me with a wave ... a wave of love, comfort, and understanding. Faith in how things will turn out, no matter how things "looked" in the moment.
Attaching to the stories in our lives and the conclusions around the facts we experienced means we have closed the book before the story was done. If we are going to write and tell ourselves stories shouldn't we wait it out? We haven't even fully read how things will play out. We didn't even see that it's a "choose your own adventure" book we were reading.
Don't get so caught up in the plot of one chapter that you have "written", when there is a whole book unfolding "life" through its pages.
Last year on this very same weekend, things were what seemed a chaotic mess and yet, I felt as though I was floating through time with "we'll see" as my statement. I applied compassion, and "I don't know", and allowed for myself to be celebrated. So many beautifully ironic and curious moments. So much "getting together" as things on the other end looked torn apart. Life.
This weekend, the facts sounded similar.... and the story being "read" and "written" is ever-evolving through each choice in the moment we make. Will we stay the same and stuck? Or will we allow "stories" that no longer serve us to be "let go" and no longer narrate how things will move forward...
A different sentence and response has been written.... so we'll see 😉 ...
And thanks to ALL who have contributed to the irony that has been unfolding. Some day, I will share this story with more detail...for now, it is amplifying my gratitude and putting a smile on my face ❤
( I chose this pic because its one of my favs 😉 )

No comments: