Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Are you connecting in with joy, play, and delight each day?

 Good morning! (Happy rising

🙂 )




Are you connecting in with joy, play, and delight each day?
I thought about this yesterday while I was feeling quite accomplished by the time I got home from running errands. I enjoyed doing the farmer's walk with water jugs and noticing my increased strength and capacity. I felt at peace noticing that I really do celebrate being in the presence of one of my friends... and I love laughing with the boys.
It was the laughing part that surprised me the other day. And then it was the "surprised" part that surprised me. WHY was I surprised at the fact that I do indeed have laughter in my days? I asked my son if he thinks that I laugh a lot. And he answered yes. Hmph. Curious. When did that happen?
SO for some of you out there that have spent time with me, do you find that I laugh often?
Laughter IS medicine....joy is healing...smiling encourages and lightens up our days. All these things happen when we connect in with what brings us joy and delight. Now, this is not about trying to find and point out and blame the reasons why you are NOT happy. THIS is about being mindful to meet YOUR needs to connect in to those things that put a smile on your face.
For me, I was thinking about the 5 Love Languages and how "I" should also be mindful to encourage MYSELF through my own love languages. Is yours quality time? Then find ways to connect IN WITH others on a consistent basis that meets that need. Is it words of affirmation? One of mine is, and spending time journalling is one of those "connection ports" for me. It builds me up and it helps me.
WE need to be mindful that WE are getting OUR consistent doses of encouragement on a daily basis. I've built all mine into my daily routine. For me, they are non-negotiable. And the more and more consistent with them I am, the more "filled" I feel. Which is a good thing, especially as a mom of teens that are finding their own way in life. 😉
AND when we surround ourselves with people that are mindful of what we need, and we RECEIVE the loving "gifts" that they are offering, that's bonus for us ❤
Personally, I am choosing, starting today to ramp that up in certain relationships...AND it is already "hard" because I haven't been mindful of being in the practice of it. That's okay. I am willing to have that messy beginning so that I can enjoy the improvement in the future and maybe a smile or two along the way ❤
Who brings a smile to your face or lightens the "burden" for you each day?

No comments: