Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Monday, October 19, 2020

Sharpen what's dull in your life

 


I don't often reach for this knife to use in the kitchen. I actually avoid using it. WHY?

Because it's not sharp. It's one of the dullest knives in the kitchen. We use it to dig weeds, but not cut. We have other knives that are sharper and STAY sharp.

But today, I chose to use this knife. Just some rough cutting...until I came to the lemon. NOPE! It wouldn't break through the skin. So I went to wash, dry it, and put it away. And then, I decided to sharpen it.

I had such a "stink" face on...thinking of how I could've sharpened it the whole time 😅😅.

Is there something you avoid because it's difficult, uncomfortable, or feels hard to work with? Have you tried sharpening...? Your abilities? Your coping strategies? Your perspective? Your mindset?

I changed the way I looked at the knife and gave it what it needed. Maybe there is more in life waiting for that same chance to be useful and seen with potential... hmmm, I should try that 😉😉

#sharpening #refinement #trusttheprocess #mindsetmatters #growthmindset 

No comments: