Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Friday, April 17, 2020

Goals are not enough. You need a map, and this is where VISION comes in.

 Good morning!


Hmmmmmmm.....what to do...what to do? Are your days just blending in together right now? Are you feeling lost? What is your experience like right now?
So much has changed for so many people right now that it has thrown a lot of people down a path they never imagined.
And as I was having a good week overall, there was a thought that has sat at the back of my mind....
"Goals are not enough."
And you can really see it now, where, there were a lot of plans that are now simply cancelled. What then?
I find that goals are more like the stops for gas when you are on a road trip. You get your tank "filled up" and you keep on going until you are running low again.
But where is it that you are going in the first place??? And this is where VISION comes in.
LOL or...the eye-rolls from people that just want to "Get at it!!" and "DO something!".... OKAY! DO something! ANYTHING! But what are you doing it for?? To stay busy?? To stay busy for what? Or better yet, stay distracted from what?
It's TIME folks!! Not ONLY to start thinking about the bigger picture, but YOUR bigger picture. AND EVEN BETTER.....with you IN the picture!!!! That's right!!!
Let me tell you, this part used to be NO problem for me to do. Up until a number of years ago, when "traumatic" situations happened that changed how I choose to dream....if I was even dreaming at all anymore. And you could see the affects of my "lost vision" taking a toll on my life and even my "goals". My goals were not enough to light a spark in my life without a vision to look up at. All there was was a pile of wood waiting to be burned and I could get a fire going under it. It wasn't because I didn't have the tools, it was because I didn't know what I was lighting a fire for in the first place.
NO ONE likes feeling stuck! And yet, that stickiness still lingers....I am still struggling to dream in the ways I was before. Life changed. Things change. And as I am applying direction to my life, and mapping out my "roadtrip" on my "map, I encourage you to PLAY WITH me, and do the same.
Even if you have an established fire that is "burning" right now, have you looked up from it in a while? Are you putting yourself "off" and not looking at YOU being in the picture? What do YOU look like in the future ....in your vision...in YOUR bigger picture?
" Where there is no vision, the people perish."
There is a much deeper meaning behind this commonly quoted scripture.
There is a focus on a deep and personal relationship that is being missed that helps you to connect in with "The bigger picture." There is a dialogue in our lives that is SUPPOSED TO be happening that we aren't tapping into as we should. Raise your viewpoint on your life and the conversation (and the questions) begin to flow in. Think (and decide) from a higher perspective than just from the act of "DOING".
Being "busy" is now "old hat". Being MORE....and mindful of your choices is being ushered in. Let's take this opportunity to give ourselves a bit of space and backdrop to set our pit stops and "goals" into. Let's work together to create a better "bigger" picture ❤

No comments: