Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Friday, January 26, 2018

How your false stories are not serving you

 I share this, not because I find it funny....but I find it funny because that was me.....YEARS ago. I shared many an elaborate tale as a child. I don't know why....maybe to sound more relatable to my peers or so that others would find me interesting, but it didn't work...I had all the details too...and I made sure, that if asked, I was ready to fill in more to support the story. It took so much of my energy that I decided it was easier to convince myself of their truth and live inside the illusion.... It bothered me for so many years, and it affected no one else but me. No one really cared about what I had to say....and no one remembered any of it...except for me.

So one bold day (I say bold based on the process that followed) I decided I would unravel all these stories back to their foundation...and so it began. Many, many piles of twisted facts that fell into piles grounded in nothing...absolutely no foundation to these stories. And I was freed....to go and create grounded experiences and memories with those around me that I loved.
Now, going forward, I am gifted from the experience of weaving tales of imagined experiences....I can see it in others...I can see shaky foundations that can never be made solid....I can see the fruit of imagination and how it has created many things to be played out in my life and those around me...and I use it to help others grow past limits in their lives. The best part is, we can ALL undo those unserving stories in our lives....those that don't grow and expand in amazing ways (just a little bit more and more each day...) , but keep us limited and "stuck". Those stories that don't build up...and especially those stories that break us down, time and time again. How we perceive and decide to perceive "meaning" from the situations, circumstances, experiences and thoughts we go through is what is creating the life we are living.
We are free to ask....Is it serving us? Is it helping to build up others? Is it helping me to dream, imagine, and live the life I would enjoy to experience? ....And even, can I imagine a bigger, better, more joy-filled possibility for my life? How would that look? What would I do? What does each day look/feel like?
So I put this out there to ask my brothers and sisters...what story or stories in your life would you like to change or recognize is no longer serving you? And...do they help you to grow and expand in your understanding? Can they go even deeper or are they just sitting on the surface waiting to be "found out"?

No comments: