Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Trauma triggers. Move from the sting of wounds to the gentle reminder of awareness

 Do you make lists? I did at one time...to validate my worth and activity on this blue globe. And I had to step away from it a bit, so that I could see my value beyond "hard-work" and busyness. ..I stayed busy, but my head space was far from silent once I stopped. A few (or more) years ago, I would say that I experienced a trauma. I have had break downs before, but this one was different. I now know that what I thought it was...not even close. And until I could see it for what it was, it remained an open wound and the blood of it was getting everywhere.

Today I sit here realizing the trauma endured and that I have a passion for seeing the details in those around me. I love recognizing how others are growing as well as myself. I am also aware that I now have to grow through this all to move from the sting of wounds to the gentle reminder of awareness.
Allow yourself to go through your emotions, so they too can grow and change...and return to love.

No comments: