Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, June 23, 2022

The inspiration from baggy drawers... Self-Care message


 Good mawning!

The inspiration from baggy drawers...
Yup! This is a personal sharing about comfort and self-care.
This morning as I went to set out the bins for pick up, I grabbed what was easy to put on and set forth on my task.
A "new-to-me" violet tank, sweats, wool sweater, a toque, and of course, under all this, a pair of baggy drawers that I USED TO find quite comfy.
And not months ago, but within the last few weeks they went from being a go-to item into a contemptible piece of clothing that sparks annoyance. Why? I do NOT enjoy underwear shopping. 😂
Now, I tried to do some undie shopping last year and wound up with a package of the biggest (size small) grannies with full coverage up to my bra LOL. I tried one and donated the rest. I still have 2 of those in my collection... WHY??? And the year before that I "tried" and the elastic bands were constricting.
I used to buy the pretty sets, and make sure I had a comfortable set on under my clothing, but now... not so much.
But it's spark into reminding myself to CARE has been welcome.
Comfort doesn't stay that way. It's temporary.
I care to use the pretty dishes and sparkling glasses to enjoy my meals. I CARE to enjoy fresh flowers in the house and not just in my garden....AND I'm going to care about shopping for proper fitting underwear to fit my body that I am working hard to keep and enjoy my shape and my health.
LOL I can't be the only one that needs to upgrade in this area! Is there not a shirt with a stain or shoes with holes that can relate? LOL (Yeah, I got some of those too 😂😂)
I'm upgrading my experience in the little things from the inside out. And as I do, it always leads to upgraded experiences in bigger things as well.
Share with me some of the things you would like to upgrade in your day.

No comments: