Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

My gratitude is greater than my grief...

 Good mawning!

My gratitude is greater than my grief...
This morning (or mourning) I woke up to some celebratory news... a barrier to many in our country is now come to an end.
I got quite angry at its timing as only a week ago would have made a beautiful difference.
Yet, I allowed myself the fullness of the anger I felt in the moment to flow...
And then I celebrated for all that this would bring much joy. To Dr. Roger Hodkinson who had expressed his longing to see his daughter in a conversation with me a few months back. To friends and family tired and scared to meet up with more opposition and pressure. And to those who made the most of what they had WHILE patiently waiting for more.
And then I was in grief... I am gifted with the fullness that life has to offer in each moment. I will take it up in my hands and be blessed in it.
So I remembered the protection and care of God in my life and turned to the book of Job in the Bible.
I read it out loud...took notes...remembered the bigger picture...remembered my future plans...remembered those I prayed for, even recently...I remembered the joy of others...
And gratitude washed over me.
I sat listening to the rain, grateful for the gardening I completed...grateful for newer opportunities...and I got up, dusted myself off and had something to eat.
Greater is yet to come.

No comments: