Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, May 15, 2022

Banana chocolate berry muffins with vegan creamy "cheeze" frosting

 







We (my son and I.... okay moreso my son LOL) were asked to make a dessert for the Women's day event for our church. The dessert was meant to cater to the needs of those with allergies, sensitivities, and dietary restrictions. 

We went through a lot of options that we wanted to make, but settled on my son's most infamous and well known recipe, banana banana bread.

This recipe and modification was passed down to him by me. How to spice, how to mix the flours for texture, and how to use bananas instead of eggs to honour an allergy I experience. 

In the process of the thought process on how to "fancy" it up, we came up with the idea of frosting the muffins/cupcakes and then topping them off with the elements of what is inside.

Here's how we put it together...



For the frosting, this was our base... https://www.intoxicatedonlife.com/sugar-free-cream-cheese-frosting/

Subbed cream cheese with coconut milk and butter for coconut oil. we used cassava flour instead of tapioca starch and added a bit of apple cider vinegar to enhance the stevia and give it that "cheese" taste... we had to keep adding stevia and vinegar to get the right "taste"

For the banana bread muffins ... https://www.marthastewart.com/312772/banana-bread

We add in 1/2 cup water and use 1/2 cup oil instead of butter... we did the flour as 2:1 cassava:coconut flour. I used stevia equivalent for the sugar and added a splash of apple cider vinegar to the water. I added extra water to get the right "cake" mix consistency. And we sub eggs for mashed bananas

No comments: