Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Thursday, May 26, 2022

What's your default?

 Good mawning!

What's your default?
Yesterday I did alterations on an MOB (mother of the bride) dress.
Going into it, I knew I was fully capable. I could see exactly the way I would approach doing the work... even with options.
Again. I will repeat, I AM capable. After years of sewing and creating my own pieces, including my own wedding gown, I have tons of "proof" in my ability and adaptability.
YET...as I approached pulling the first thread, I was completely gutted by how I was gripped with what I would best describe as "trauma" drama.
And what seemed like ALL the stories tied to the shaming, slander, defamation, harassment, dismissal, and disbelief in me and my abilities. How, no matter that most of these things were not true, they did indeed influence the opinion of others against me and caused some major ripples in my life...enough for me to NOT want to show up that way again.
But as you can see, I still sewed yesterday.
I, after much self-talk to stay in the moment, trust in DIVINE support, and knowing that ultimately "I" have to consciously give the charge and power to those stories in order for them to fully grip me and cut me off moment to moment... for it to "keep" me from finishing my tasks...
I forged through with positive reinforcement. I KNEW I was capable and I SHOWED UP in it...EVEN when I didn't "feel" like it.
Because emotions are temporary...ideas that limit ourselves...TEMPORARY! And IF we have the proof and going forward BENEFITS us... then do it!
DO IT!
ALLOW yourself to be encouraged by YOUR courage!!
I could go on for a mile off that last statement... but I will end with this...I 'll need a few more of those courage-whole-hearted-Love-first-reap-the-good-fruit moments to truly feel the fullness of the 'joy' I once had as my default. But I noticed the impact of seeing my default of love, joy, and adapting shine through IN SPITE OF... it made me realize...that some things aren't temporary and that some things just get in the way and cloud our judgment...and we have to ACTIVELY put it on to go through the motions of "it"...
Give yourself the space and knowing that ultimately...joy and love ARE beyond whatever "default" you decide.
Let your limits be temporary and your day be filled with light.

No comments: